E/I Maintenance Planner
Company: GEC Packaging Technologies
Posted on: April 4, 2021
Evergreen Packaging, a global leader in paper packaging
solutions, makes paper and paperboard products designed to deliver
product freshness, brand distinction and supply chain assurance.
Global brands trust us to protect their products and their
reputations. As a vertically integrated manufacturer, we leverage
scientific expertise and Manufacturing Excellence principles to
bring great products to market worldwide. Sustainability is at the
heart of all we do. We are leaders in promoting responsible
forestry and recycling for our packaging formats. Our team members
are the cornerstone of building a sustainable business. Our
trust-rich culture reflects a passionate commitment to
collaboration, participation, ownership and resourcefulness. Job
Description --This Ideal candidate will be responsible for
analyzing, planning, and scheduling electrical maintenance
activities in support of safety, production, cost, and availability
goals of both the area and the mill reporting--to the Area
- Plan for the safe and efficient execution of work orders
including safety requirements in the job plan, accurate labor
estimates, material cost estimates, and duration of jobs as well as
procuring required resources, equipment and materials.
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate all scheduled shutdowns and long
duration outages. This includes parts procurement, job scopes,
resource assignments, contract maintenance, etc.
- Update area preventative maintenance recurring work orders in
SAP as needed.
- Maintain accurate records for maintenance activities for work
order and equipment history
- Manage costs and strive to achieve area availability goals.
Provide detailed plans to reduce equipment failures.
- Lead contractors for area projects as assigned.
- Work within a team of production and maintenance personnel to
achieve objectives and strategies along with tactical
- Train and lead hourly crews in problem solving activities as
- Fill in for crew foremen as needed. This position is expected
to develop supervisory skills and progress towards future crew
- Work on rotating weekend coverage schedule.--While on call,
this position is expected to be the first responder on weekend
coverage for all electrical equipment failures - identify the
problem, identify the needed parts and resources, and supervise the
- Provide on call coverage. Work together with the area crew
foreman in response to issues that come up outside of normal
working hours throughout the week
Evergreen Packaging may require satisfactory completion of certain
job based assessments which candidates would be required to
successfully complete in order to qualify for the position.
- 3 to 5 years E&I maintenance experience in heavy
- B.S. in Engineering or Engineering Technology preferred
- Microsoft project experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of NFPA 70E preferred.
- Must demonstrate knowledge and experience in basic maintenance
planning and scheduling
- Must be detail oriented and have excellent organizational
- Working knowledge of SAP is a plus
- Must be able to troubleshoot maintenance issues associated with
common equipment and systems.
- Must be able to read prints and schematics Additional
Information The above statements are intended to describe the
general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned
to this classification. They are not to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of personnel so classified.-- Evergreen Packaging is an
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex
(including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed,--age,
national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity
and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other
characteristics protected by law.
Keywords: GEC Packaging Technologies, Canton , E/I Maintenance Planner, Professions , Canton, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!