School Based Clinician
Company: Growth Works Inc.
Posted on: November 18, 2023
Job purpose Assists with emotional, social, behavioral, and
academic needs of all students in the school, while fostering a
safe and inclusive environment. Utilizes various therapeutic
approaches, emotional regulation techniques and trauma-informed
practices in keeping with Growth Works philosophy and as determined
by student need. Incentives/Perks- ongoing supervision towards
licensure- as needed, weekly staff led Yoga, ongoing CEU support
towards credentials and licensure, financial support towards
licensure, credentialing exams and renewal. Responsibilities &
dutiesCome join our Team!
- Consults with administrative staff to allow for support to
students during conflict and/or poor behavioral choices while on
- Serve as an advocate to support students, families, and the
- Maintains ongoing communication with staff concerning student
- Initiates counseling/therapeutic contacts with students, as
- Make appropriate referrals to community agencies to provide
ongoing support for students and families.
- Follows state and district confidentiality requirements.
- Identifies opportunities for small groups and facilitates them
on an as needed basis.
- Provide mentorship to students and staff.
- Work through district crisis protocol for students
- Implement restorative practices district wide.
- Engage in school and district initiatives while embracing
overall school and agency culture.
- Serve as a member of the District/Building Crisis Team upon
- Member of the District Trauma-Informed Team.
- Function as an adaptable staff member manner, with
understanding that your daily functions may adjust based on needs
of the school and students on any given day.
- Identify and explore opportunities to implement preventative
services for students and improve the school/ educational
- Attendance and participation in staff meetings, staff
in-services and meetings with community partners, as assigned.
- Completion of necessary documentation that is requested by
administrative personnel and community-based referrals.
- Master's degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology or
another relevant field of study.
- Current holder of State of Michigan license as a Social Worker
(LLMSW/LMSW) Licensed Professional Counselor (LLPC/LPC). Recent
graduates will need to apply for license within 30 days of
- Previous experience within a school settings or educational
system is preferred.
- Knowledge of therapeutic interventions, co-occurring disorders,
trauma and brain development preferred.
- Successful ability to complete agency and school district
background screenings and tests Physical requirements:
- Must be able to complete manual tasks involving dexterity to
enter and retrieve data using computer systems, systems
applications, and other office equipment.
- Ability to lift and transport materials/supplies up to 25 lbs.
for internal documentation and recordkeeping, court support, and
other administrative tasks. EOE PId326347dac6d-31181-33076006
Keywords: Growth Works Inc., Canton , School Based Clinician, Other , Canton, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!