Cheese Monger(Full Time)
Company: Busch's Market
Posted on: May 8, 2022
Job DescriptionStarting wage up to:$17.50/hr with exp. Calling
all Foodies! Don't romaine calm, Busch's is HIRING! Do you love
food, fun and people? Are you looking for growth, development and
excellent wages? We could make the perfect pear!Our industry is
ever changing and we are looking for individuals who are passionate
about food and people. We are a family-owned, Michigan based
company that is heavily rooted in the communities we serve. Busch's
offers its employees benefits such as employee discounts, medical
benefits including dental and optical, 401K with company match
(restrictions apply) and even tuition reimbursement for qualifying
- Prepping a large variety of cheeses and accompanying products
(preserves, honey, charcuterie, crackers, etc.).
- Uphold high standards of guest service through every encounter,
including hand selling, cross merchandising, educational handouts
and educating other key associates, especially during peak
- Maintain, fill cheese section by packaging, weighing and
- Monitor and control inventory by working with department
manager and vendors to ensure that we have the correct shelf and
display inventory for projected sales including additional
- Manage overstock issues including working overstock inventory
to the shelf and making TRP requests.
- Monitor and control cheese orders.
- Receive and inventory product shipments
- Ensure cheese cutting practices are being followed.
- Assist in the selection, quantity and location for Busch's
displays by working with Deli/Bakery Manager to develop a weekly
and monthly display plan including cross merchandising. Review
weekly ad plan for items that will require displays.
- Assist with demonstrations and other store events.
- Maintain department shelf conditions and cleanliness including
completing price changes, shelf and display sign maintenance; and
execute new and discontinued items.
- Stay current on food trends and new items relevant to
- 2-3 yrs experience in the food industry with cheese
- ACS Certified Cheese Professional preferred or willing to
- Culinary training, including pairing wine and food.
- Proficient communication and interpersonal skills, including
written, verbal and listening skills.
- Proficient merchandising skills including planning and
maintaining clean and appealing displays, ability to manage
department inventory, and maintain proper shelf conditions.
- Proficient wine, liquor and beer knowledge, including the
ability to answer guest questions and make recommendations.
- Proficient computer skills in excel, word and email. Able to
learn and use a variety of proprietary applications and
technology.Busch's is a family owned premier grocery retailer with
multiple stores in Southeast Michigan. We are consistently
recognized by our guests as an industry leader when it comes to
service, product selection, store design and overall atmosphere.
You can take pride in being a member of the Busch's family and
working in an environment where we truly care about our guests and
the products we serve. We also take great care of the associates
that take care of our guests. At Busch's, we realize that without
caring, motivated and personable associates, there would be no
guests to serve.
Keywords: Busch's Market, Canton , Cheese Monger(Full Time), Other , Canton, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!