Company: Worthington Industries
Posted on: January 8, 2022
TWB Company is North America's market leader for tailor welded
products with locations in Kentucky, Michigan, Tennessee, Ontario
and Mexico. Formed in 1992, TWB is a joint venture of Worthington
Industries and BAO and Steel Company. The company developed the
tailor welded blank market in North America and is the leading
manufacturer of tailor welded products in the NAFTA region
supporting JIT production and services to the automotive industry.
The company's technologies are helping automotive companies produce
stronger, lighter vehicles.TWB Offers:
- Generous benefits package starting on Day 1 including medical,
dental, vision, prescription, life insurance, and holiday pay
- Overtime is paid at time and a half and Doubletime starts after
- 401k retirement plan with company contribution and employee
- Education assistance
- Employee development and training with opportunities for
growthSummaryThe primary role for the Material Handler is moving
material around the plant or work site with a forklift and/or crane
in order for production to run smoothly. In addition, this role may
package/band, weigh, and load/unload material from machines and
stage material in a timely and accurate manner. This Material
Handler is responsible for building arbors and setting up machines
for use as well as performing multiple tasks throughout the day to
ensure safe and quality production. This position requires a
self-starter with a strong work ethic and a desire to perform the
duties to the highest standard.Responsibilities
- Moves material around plant using a forklift and/or crane for
producing, finishing, packaging, or shipping the customer
- Ensures areas are supplied with parts and removes finished
skids to warehouse or paint line.
- Moves and stages material as scheduled for optimum machine
- Provides machine support by emptying scrap tubs and ensuring
lines are cleared of finished product.
- Locates material into finished goods as needed.
- May be responsible for basic test line operation.
- Packages finished product for shipment.
- Tracks orders and tags.
- Follows bill of material in order to match product with proper
packaging and skidding.
- May perform finishing duties.
- Performs setup of valve and burn off operations.
- Performs multiple tasks to ensure ongoing machine
- Performs miscellaneous tasks throughout plant to ensure safe,
efficient and quality production of materials.
- May perform housekeeping duties within the plant when
- Other duties as assigned.Desired Experience
- Must be able to handle physical, repetitive work and be able to
stand on your feet for 8 hrs a day
- Must have good hand-eye coordination
- Mechanical aptitude a plus, but not required
- Competent in basic math and computer skills
- Can operate banding tools
- Can read a tape measure
- Must be able to handle small parts
- Must understand and follow the quality policy and
- Ability to recognize quality issues and problems - detect
- Must be able to read, comprehend and follow detailed
instructions on productions and understand English
- Must be able to read and understand bill of material and or
- Must be able to distinguish between part numbers and sizes
- Must be able to count and label parts accurately
- Must follow all safety policies and procedures
- Must have good safety awareness and efficiency skills
- Oral and written communication skills - including legible
- 0-6 months prior experience
- Required OSHA safety training
- Forklift and crane license
- Must have valid driver's licenseEducationHigh School Diploma or
equivalentTWB is considered an Employer of Choice operating under a
long-standing philosophy rooted in the Golden Rule. TWB and its
subsidiaries, are an equal employment opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants are considered regardless of race, color,
religion, age, national origin, sex, disability or veteran's
Keywords: Worthington Industries, Canton , Material Handling, Other , Canton, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!