Company: Meijer, Inc.
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Today, with our current team members, we have the strength to
help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our
stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our
Midwest corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts with
Please review the job profile below and apply today!
The Instructional Designer is responsible for needs analysis,
design, development and evaluation of high-quality and cross
functional (retail, supply chain, corporate) learning programs and
instructional materials to meet the learning needs of team members,
leaders and cross functional partners. Scope includes company-wide
training initiatives, leadership development and functional /
technical training. Learning programs to be developed include
instructor-led, web-based training, mobile learning, job aids and
other learning solutions as needed. The Instructional Designer
applies industry best practices including Criterion-Referenced
Instruction Methodology as well as internal standards to ensure
quality and effectiveness of learning deliverables. This role will
focus on creating interactive and engaging content and will
provide the customizations needed to support learning objectives.
There will be a focus on the design, development and implementation
of adaptive learning to support learners flexibility in formal
leadership development and technical functional programs.
What You'll be Doing:
- Facilitates needs analysis with business partners and
stakeholders to define desired skills/performance standards and
current gaps, target population, success measures for the role and
other requirements as defined by the intake process.
- Designs standalone courses and entire curriculums for multiple
roles within the organization focusing primarily on functional /
technical and compliance training.
- Determines, in partnership with the business, the most critical
skills to be developed, writes the learning objectives, skill
checks and supporting content, determines the sequence in which
information should be delivered and determines the best methodology
to train needed skills to ensure successful job performance.
- Develops and manages the overall project plan for curriculum
development and changes to the curriculum in line with the ADDIE
model and overall project timeline.
- Design and develop eLearning courses in Articulate Storyline
to meet the performance-based design.
- Analyze current technical functional skills and development
programs to design adaptive learning curriculum/program so that the
flexibility and customization supports our learners based on their
needs and experiences.
- Recommends, designs and develops performance-based learning
solutions that include classroom, eLearning, job guides participant
guides, facilitator guides, storyboards and other learning
documentation. and blended learning solutions.
- Partners with our Administration team to ensure appropriate
changes are made to curriculums within the Workday Learning
Management System (LMS) and our manuals portal site and are
communicated appropriately to all stakeholders.
- Facilitates Train-the-Trainer sessions and content walkthroughs
for developed content.
- Consults with business partners and integrates change
management methodologies into learning content and design to ensure
successful adoption and organizational change on desired
- Evaluates the effectiveness of learning programs and makes
- Effectively manages interactions with stakeholders, including
meeting facilitations, expectation setting and on-going project
- Effectively and successfully manages multiple projects to
achieve project goals and meet deadlines
- Works collaboratively with corporate, stores and supply chain
stakeholders and subject matter experts to achieve project
- This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the
responsibilities of this position; may perform other duties as
assigned or required.
- Effectively and successfully utilizes the SAFe Agile method to
achieve project goals and meet deadlines
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience with emphasis in
instructional design, instructional technology or education related
- Master's degree preferred.
- Certification in Criterion Reference Instruction or
Instructional Design preferred.
- SHRM-CP/SCP certification preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in the instructional design
of classroom, e-learning and online support solutions in corporate
- This position may require travel up to 25% per year.
- Experience in Articulate Storyline.
- Knowledge and demonstrated understanding of adult learning
theories and instructional design principles.
- Full knowledge of ADDIE process.
- Knowledge of current and future instructional design
technologies (to include e-learning, mobile learning, ILT,
- High comfort level with technology and ability to quickly learn
and utilize new software applications.
- Demonstrated experience in partnering with
business/organizational leaders, learning consultants and
facilitators to translate business objectives into effective
- Experience in creating and implementing adaptive learning
programs and/or technologies in a retail or similar environment
- Strong verbal communication skills.
Keywords: Meijer, Inc., Canton , Instructional Designer, Other , Canton, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!