Chief Engineer $1,000 SIGN ON BONUS
Company: City Club Apartments
Posted on: June 1, 2021
Chief Engineer - Maintenance Manager
We are looking for a highly energetic individual to fulfill our
Chief Engineer position. We pride ourselves with delivering
exceptional customer service to our residents and guests. We
provide a hospitality, service mindset to each site that our
residents have come to appreciate. Are you interested in a position
that taps into your experience and knowledge? If so, we would look
forward to have you join the Club!
The Chief Engineer is an integral piece in the protection and
preservation of the property. The responsibility of the Chief
Engineer is to maintain the physical condition of the property and
its equipment in accordance with company guidelines and industry
standards. The position directs and leads the facilities team, in
conjunction with the Property Manager. The Chief Engineer will
assess site needs and make recommendations for capital
improvements, increasing site efficiency and preserving the asset.
This position demands a hands-on, lead by example mentality and
requires substantial field work.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interacts amicably with residents, with a service-minded
attitude to identify and address needs or concerns regarding the
condition of their apartment and building.
- Identifies capital improvements and obtain required estimates
and bids; makes recommendations to Property Manager and Corporate
Facilities team; and assists in budget preparation for maintenance
expenses, while meeting capital improvement completion dates.
- Ensures routine service requests are completed within 24 hours;
follows-up with residents to ensure the service request was
completed to their satisfaction.
- Has working knowledge of the maintenance and operation of major
mechanical systems including but not limited to domestic water
booster pumps, fire alarms, suppression, pressurization, and pumps,
elevators, domestic hot and heat boilers, chillers, and circulation
- Oversees the propertys mechanical, electrical, plumbing and
fire systems; and reports deficiencies to Property Manager and
Corporate Facilities team; reports life safety hazards to the
Property Manager; and reviews monthly utility usage and makes
recommendations for the building cost control measures.
- Ensures daily pool/spa inspections and logs are completed (in
season) to verify proper water chemistry and cleanliness of pool
and spa area, and to identify needed repairs or improvements.
- Ensures that all interior and exterior areas of the property
are litter free, clean and presentable.
- Coordinates and participates in snow removal per community
requirements, not limited to snow shoveling, snow blowing and
- Schedules contract vendors to perform apartment turnover
services when applicable; oversees contract service oversight and
- Is directly responsible for Implementing the Preventive
Maintenance Program by performing an inspection on each apartment
at least two (2) times per year and performing routine preventive
maintenance of common areas per schedule.
- Organizes the maintenance shop regularly, including inspections
and inventory control of supplies and products.
- Adheres to established policies related to the Fair Housing
Act; conforms to all Federal, State and local inspections on
equipment and systems as required; and follows OSHA, EPA and NFPA
guidelines and standards.
- Participates in On Call rotation with other facilities
associates. Rotation is a week in total, Sunday from 9:00 am
through the following Sunday ending at 9:00 am.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience within an upscale,
luxury multifamily, condo or hotel high-rise environment.
- Demonstrated working knowledge and skill of elevators,
chillers, boilers, plumbing, electrical, mechanical, drywall
repairs, and carpentry.
- Ability to read blueprints and schematics
- HVAC Certification (EPA Universal); Certified Pool Operator
(proof of certification required)
- Prefer Chief Engineer to live on-site.
PERKS OF THE CLUB *Join for more details!
- Satisfying work at a company that is design driven,
technologically advanced, and committed to social
- The ability to move along a development pathway that is clear
- Industry leading compensation package with bonus opportunities
for non-sales roles and uncapped commissions for sales
- Discounted living in our award-winning communities*
- Ownership! City Club leaders receive designated interest in
City Club Apartments*
- Medical, dental, vision, company-paid short-term disability,
long-term disability, and life benefits
- 401K with company match
- Long term career opportunities! We develop, own, and manage our
communities with new, luxury properties being constructed annually
throughout the US with expansion plans for Canada, Europe, and
- Quarterly awards and team recognition
- Paid time off with roll-over and holiday pay with flexible
floating holidays to fit any lifestyle
Keywords: City Club Apartments, Canton , Chief Engineer $1,000 SIGN ON BONUS, Other , Canton, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!