Company: Yazaki North America, Inc.
Posted on: June 1, 2021
Yazaki is a global leader in the research, development and
delivery of vehicle power and data solutions.
Yazaki works with virtually every major auto manufacturer in the
world, and we've strived to maintain strategic and stable growth
throughout our 83-year history. Today, we're on the lookout for
energetic people with the potential to perform, as well as the
ability to strengthen - and thrive in - the positive work
environment we pride ourselves on.
Location: Canton , [[filter2]]
This position is based in Yazaki's North American headquarters
in Canton, MI.
Lead commercial activities including, but not limited to:
Pricing negotiations, agreement interpretation, commercial
statement of work elements, and commercial metric tracking.
Communicate program or functional changes between the customer and
USOEM BU/YNA that impact the relationship. Serve as central point
of contact for commercial and strategic issues with customer
(Buyer, program team, Finance, etc.).
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Define customer needs/wants/expectations and ensure customer
requirements are communicated throughout the organization.
- Cultivate and maintain appropriate customer relationships with
key customer individuals.
- Provide data for sales metric tracking and compile for
presentation as necessary.
- Ensure all appropriate commercial requirements are in place
prior to launch.
- Coordinate major customer entertainment events (golf outings,
concerts, black ties, SAE, Convergence, etc.) as necessary.
- Understand and report changes to customer
- Be knowledgeable on Yazaki's product offerings and trends.
- Understand competitive environment to effectively evaluate
sales price and purchase price data
- Support and contribute to Customer Value Management activity
and ensure ideas are properly tracked in Customer system.
- Support Finance in Customer Purchasing-related collection
- Follow-up with customer to resolve open issues to ensure we
meet the YNA A/R targets.
Productivity / Profitability
- Provide notification to Sales Manager or directly to Finance to
- Achieve profit enhancement objectives consistent with USOEM BU
- Support the execution of sales strategy (both long and
short-term) to meet business unit objectives.
- Understand the impacts to current program profitability and
determine if corrective actions are necessary.
- Serve as central point of contact for commercial and strategic
issues with customer (Buyer, program team, Finance, other).
- Schedule regular Open Issues meetings with buyer and keep pulse
on results of routine customer meetings, such as program team
meetings, program finance meetings, change control, lean
- Maintain, track, report Permanent Resolutions (PR) in BEAMS and
support program financial tracking in coordination with Program
- Receive POs from customer and verify accuracy (contract
- Maintain visibility with customer assembly plants during launch
and support customer visitations to manufacturing affiliates and
subcontractors as required.
- Support additional program related meetings such as Monthly
Program Reviews, YPMS Functional Reviews and EMAs, and Financial
- Lead the presentation of timely and accurate customer
quotations (RFQ submissions) and be accountable for the accuracy of
quotes prior to submission to the customer and for the receipt of
correct PO for existing business.
- Interface with appropriate departments and manufacturing to
obtain pricing, packaging, and tooling.
- Lead the negotiations of commercial issues (i.e., design
changes, target related issues, sequencing, Engineering Resource
Payment, Commercial Statement of Work Items, etc.).
- Maintain accurate commercial data in all required tracking
- Submit and negotiate customer responsible extraordinary expense
claims, Engineering Resource Payment and tooling costs, Receive
P.O. for submission to finance.
- Support the technical and commercial review of the quote
packages, kick-off meetings and prepares quote response.
Advanced Business Development
- Identify new business opportunities within the scope/charter of
electrical distribution systems or vehicle information products
with Sr. Sales Manager as required.
- Lead or support regional and global activities on new business
opportunities including presentation of the business case and
timing to US OEM BU management for strategic approval.
Degree Requirements: Bachelor's Degree in Business or
Engineering or equivalent automotive experience.
Previous Experience: 3-5 years experience in account or program
management. Experience in the automotive industry is preferred.
Travel Requirements: Frequent local travel required for customer
visits; occasional domestic and international travel as required to
meet customer and internal needs (20%).
On Call Requirements: As required by customer or internal
Physical Requirements: Office position - primarily sedentary.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with
disability to perform the essential functions.
Yazaki North America is committed to providing equal employment
opportunities for all persons regardless of race, color, religion,
sex, age, marital status, national origin, disability, handicap,
veteran status, or other legally protected status or
characteristic. Equal opportunity extends to all aspects of the
employment relationship. Yazaki North America complies with federal
and state equal employment opportunity laws and strives to keep the
workplace free from all forms of harassment.
Keywords: Yazaki North America, Inc., Canton , Account Manager, Other , Canton, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!