Posted on: May 14, 2022
Job Description CompanyEstablished in 1938, Fraza is a
full-service material handling business featuring a highly skilled
team spanning a wide geography in Michigan. Whether it's through
equipment or process, our people will find that small extra edge to
push our customers' business forward. Every minute matters. Every
movement counts. And we provide the people, the tools, the
technologies, and the best practices to find efficiency wherever we
can.Job Summary:This role will be responsible for providing
strategic IT input to the senior leadership team. Managing the
company's business intelligence, infrastructure and applications.
The role will support and research areas to utilize technology to
improve business processes and/or results that are consistent with
the company's goals and strategiesPrinciple Responsibilities:
- Leads the development of IT strategies and manages team
accountability to deliver results.
- Creating a long-term plan for the upgrading of key systems to
avoid creating technical debt and security risks over time.
- Ensure Company systems contracts and licensing are current and
complete and negotiate and develop any new required licensing.
- Partnering with functional groups to deliver product and
service goals and business requirements.
- Implement backup and restoration of critical systems.
- Lead team to ensure standards and processes for operational
technology meet the businesses present and future needs.
- Identify and manage issues and roadblocks and take early action
to resolve and address impacts.
- Provide status updates at all levels of the organization
according to the communication plan.
- Manage contingent labor resources and coordinate their delivery
while maximizing insourcing of key roles.
- Manage both IT capital and operating budget.
- Continuously improving security and emergency management
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures;
Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports
potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in
timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment;
Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit
the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time;
Ensures responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at
meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management
direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments;
Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or equivalent years
of work experience
- Minimum 7 years of experience in an IT role within operational
- Minimum 5 years in a leadership role within IT
- Previous experience working in material handling industry a
- Proven ability to coach and mentor team development
- Experience with ERPs, BI, HR, Sales platforms
- Proficient in MS Office Suite required
- Ability to evaluate and problem solve
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Highly motivated, well-organized, and quality focused
- Must be a team-oriented professional who can handle multiple
projects in a fast-paced environment
- A demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment, to
be proactive, to work independently of day-to-day supervision
Qualifications:To perform this job successfully, an individual must
be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
responsibilities listed are representative of the knowledge, skill,
and/or ability required. Language Skills: Ability to read and
interpret documents such as safety rules, instructions, and
procedure manuals; ability to write routine reports and
correspondence; ability to speak effectively before groups of
customers or employees of organization. Mathematical Skills:
Ability to calculate figures and amounts accurately; able to
perform arithmetic calculations involving fractions, decimals, and
percentages and to apply concepts of basic math. Reasoning Ability:
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Physical Demands:The
physical demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.While performing the duties of this job, the individual
is regularly required to sit and stand for long periods; walk; use
hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and
talk or hear. The employee must occasionally bend, lift and/or move
up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral
vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Work
Environment:The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. May require frequent early
morning, late evening, and weekend work times. Environmental
Management:While performing the essential functions of the job,
action must be taken to maintain, conform and improve the overall
environment. Action should be initiated to prevent the occurrence
of any nonconformity by reporting problems and concerns directly to
Keywords: Fraza, Canton , IT Manager, IT / Software / Systems , Canton, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!