Technical Scout (110007)
Company: Yazaki North America
Posted on: May 10, 2022
Role and ResponsibilitiesObjective of this position would be to
create a successful business integration with Yazaki and an
emerging external startup company.Responsibilities would include
identifying the technical capability required for the new business
development, identify the startup company with the capability, and
ultimately creating the right business structures to integrate the
startup companies' capabilities to fit the business of the new
business. Job functions would be in areas of;
- Technical Scouting: Identifying startup companies that fulfill
Yazaki's technical capability gaps required for the new business
- Business Development: Creating business opportunities around
Yazaki (and supplier's) internal corporate "pain point" that would
lead to new business opportunities that address external industry
issues, based on an existing startup company's business
- Deal Structure negotiation: Negotiating an engagement structure
that would serve the interest of Yazaki's new business venture and
the interests of the startup company
- Proof of Concept (PoC) creation and negotiation: Creating a
"Statement of Work" that serves the both interests of Yazaki and
the startup company.
- Project Management: Managing the PoC and/or Deal structure
process to ensure a successful integration is made to align Yazaki
and the startup companies' business activities. Job tasks would
include (but not limited) to the following;
- Root cause analysis of Yazaki/Supplier's internal "pain point"
and Creation of business solution
- Gap analysis of the required solution with existing internal
(or bought in) capabilities
- Startup company search that fills that Gap to enable the
aforementioned business solution
- Startup company technical and financial due diligence
- Creating a customized business structure and deal that would
serve the interest of both Yazaki and the startup company
- Managing the deliverables of multiple PoC projects and ensuring
that the startup companies deliver on the agreed outputs that are
predefined by the needs of the business development leaders.
- Deal closures (i.e. licensing, acquisition, equity
participation, funding, purchase agreements, etc) with the startup
company that would lead to business continuation defined by the new
business Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Experience working Venture Capital firm with role of
identifying and negotiating successful startup companies.
- Preferably in the role of connecting the interest of large
corporate with the interests of the startup company.
- Creating a customized partnership models in corporates achieve
business diversification and startup companies to scale.
- Business development experience in creating new lines of
business for large corporations or Engineering project management
roles in launching new technologies into the market.
- Educational background: Master of Business Administration,
Engineering Master degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer
Science / Software Development
Preferred SkillsBusiness DevelopmentFinancial due diligence and
startup company risk analysisCorporate venture capital
investmentProject ManagementElectrical Engineering or Software
Yazaki North America is committed to providing equal employment
opportunities for all persons regardless of race, color, religion,
sex, age, marital status, national origin, disability, handicap,
veteran status, or other legally protected status or
characteristic. Equal opportunity extends to all aspects of the
employment relationship. Yazaki North America complies with federal
and state equal employment opportunity laws and strives to keep the
workplace free from all forms of harassment.
Keywords: Yazaki North America, Canton , Technical Scout (110007), IT / Software / Systems , Canton, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!