Production Supervisor - 2nd Shift
Company: Shiloh Industries, Inc.
Posted on: January 9, 2021
Summary: The Production Supervisor is responsible for managing
hourly production personnel involved in metal stamping and laser
welding operations. The Production Supervisor collaborates with
other functional groups (e.g. Quality, Materials, EHS, etc.) to
ensure production schedules and quality standards are met, and
product is shipped on-time to customers.Essential Duties and
Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Supervise production manufacturing personnel.
- Facilitate daily meetings with the team to confirm work
assignments, communication production expectations and ensure
employees have the right tools and information to perform
- Provide training, coaching and feedback to allow employees to
meet the performance expectations.
- Promptly address employee attendance and/or performance issues
in accordance with Company policies & procedures, including
administration of disciplinary actions, if/where necessary. Consult
with the next-level management and/or Human Resources, if/where
- Track and report performance for Key Performance Indicators
(KPIs), including scrap, downtime, quality, delivery, operational
effectiveness, cost, safety, etc.
- Enter labor hours, schedules and attendance into the Company's
designated system (currently Kronos Timekeeper).
- Champion Shiloh Production System (SPS) and monitor compliance
to the standards within the assigned work area, including standards
for 5s/housekeeping, standard work, training, etc.
- Act in accordance with Shiloh Core Values, including placing
priority on Safety in the work environment.
- Create and maintain training plans for assigned employees.
- Collaborate with Quality, Engineering, Maintenance, Materials
and other functions/supervisors to pro-actively address production
concerns/issues, e.g. customer delays, rejections, etc.
- Participate in cross-shift meetings to provide updates and
exchange information critical to the operation.
- Lead and/or participate in continuous improvement activities
within the Plant.
- Participate in root cause analysis for identified problems or
concerns, e.g. safety, quality, engineering, etc.
- Act in the absence of other Production Supervisors.
- May act in the absence of the Value Stream Manager.Education
- Associates Degree or equivalent from a two-year college or
- Two years of directly relevant supervision required.
- Two years of experience in relevant manufacturing work
environment required, including where Lean concepts were
- Experience with metal manufacturing, blanking and laser welding
operations or stamping operations is highly desired.
- Experience with DuPont STOP safety program, or comparable
program focused on employee safety, highly desired.
- Experience with Plex ERP highly desired.
- Certifications as Auditor highly desired.Other Requirements
- Must be able to work overtime with limited notice, on daily
and/or weekend basis.
- Must be able to temporarily work different shifts, if/when it
is necessary, to act in the absence of another supervisor and/or
manager.Skills and Abilities
- Problem-Solving. Ability to define problems, collect data,
investigate and analyze data, establishing facts and propose
conclusions and recommendations.
- Decision Making. Ability to use and interpret data and
consequences and make business-appropriate decisions.
- Time Management. Ability to understand and prioritize tasks and
assignments and ensure the right deliverables at the right
- Computer Systems. Advanced proficiency with computers,
especially Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Continuous Improvement. Seeks to improve processes for increase
efficiency, cost savings/avoidance, etc.Certificates, Licenses, and
RegistrationsNoneAdditional CompetenciesNonePhysical DemandsWhile
performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to
stand; be able to handle and/or feel objects, tools, or controls;
and to communicate. The employee is occasionally required to walk,
climb or balance; bend, kneel, squat, or crawl. The employee must
frequently lift and/or move up to 15 pounds, but in certain
situations may be required to lift up to 50 pounds or more. Vision
abilities required by this job are the same as required for a
driver's license in the state in which the person lives, and will
be demonstrated by maintaining that license.Work EnvironmentWhile
performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly
exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally
exposed to extreme heat, fumes or airborne particles, and
vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually
moderate. The employee is required to wear the protective clothing
and equipment designated in work instruction procedures.Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions of this position.This job
description will be reviewed periodically as duties and
responsibilities change with business necessity. All job functions
are subject to modification.
Keywords: Shiloh Industries, Inc., Canton , Production Supervisor - 2nd Shift, Hospitality & Tourism , Canton, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!