Company: Waltonwood Carriage Park
Posted on: November 22, 2021
- 6:00am-2:30pm, 2:00pm-10:30pm or 10:00pm-6:30am
- Pay starts at $13.00, CNAs start at $15.00 per hour
- Earn an extra $1 per hour for working all scheduled shifts
(now- end of 2021)Caregivers are the main support providers to our
residents. Caregivers work hard every day to offer emotional
support, ease our residents' lives, and help them maintain a high
quality of life. This is accomplished by supporting their ADLs
(Activities of Daily Living) such as assisting them with walking,
toileting, feeding, safety, and participating in social activities.
Caregivers report to the Wellness Coordinator and are a part of the
Resident Care Team. The caregiver role is challenging, yet
extremely rewarding as the residents show their strong appreciation
for the assistance that caregivers bring them.Our Resident Care
Department provides individualized care to seniors who are in need
of assistance with personal tasks. Our care associates assist
residents with their everyday needs such as bathing, toileting,
dressing, mobility, medication administration, and engagement in
social activities. Through constant compassion, patience, and
understanding, they strive to maintain resident independence and
dignity.Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assist residents with their Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) -
waking, toileting, feeding, safety, light cleaning, oral care, and
- Respond to the resident emergency call system in a timely
- Provide assistance during mealtime, activities, or wherever
- Give emotional support to the residents by treating them with
respect, dignity and always maintaining a positive and cheerful
- Promote safety and wellbeing of the residents through use of
written and verbal procedures, safety equipment and awareness of
any potential dangers.
- Assists with janitorial and housekeeping tasks as needed.
- Participate in shift change meetings to communicate with
oncoming associates regarding resident status or special
- Report changes in behaviors or medical conditions to community
- Follow direction from shift supervisors regarding care,
emergencies, and resident needs.
- Communicate with outside agencies and community partners such
as hospice, home health agencies, and the like.
- Complete all required documentation (resident care summary, 24
hour report, shower logs, etc.)
- Assist with all other duties as assigned by the Wellness
Coordinator and community leadership.At Waltonwood, we are all a
part of a team who are here to serve the residents living in our
communities. Our residents count on us every hour of every day.
First and foremost, we expect our associates to have regular
attendance; defined as being on time and present to all scheduled
shifts, for the entire shift. Our associates need to value the
importance of timeliness, punctuality, and dependability, and how
the lack of these critical elements affects others in the workplace
and the overall community operations. We expect all associates to
be willing to lend a helping hand to co-workers, direct reports,
and supervisors, whether it is one of their typical job
responsibilities or not. This includes welcoming new associates and
residents into the community, and making them feel at home.
Associates need to keep the best interests of the residents and
other associates in mind, and be an active participant in
accomplishing team, community, and company goals.Competencies:
- Patience - Works hard to understand the people and process
before making judgements and acting. Very tolerant and sensitive
with people, and takes time to listen. Does not take shortcuts,
follows established processes well.
- Customer Focused - Dedicated to meeting and exceeding the needs
of the customer by establishing and maintaining effective
relationships as well as gaining trust and respect of
- Passion for Seniors - Feels strongly about working with the
senior population. Has a drive to go above and beyond for seniors.
Typically this comes from a personal experience or prior work
experience in a senior citizen setting.
- Integrity and Trust - Does what they say they will do, does not
take the easy road, and does not misrepresent themselves for
personal gain. Always does the right thing, even when it does not
benefit themselves directly.Job Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- In North Carolina, CNA is required.
- Previous experience as a caregiver is preferred.
- Previous experience working with the elderly or memory impaired
adults is preferred.Physical Requirements:
- Constant use of manual dexterity, auditory and visual skills
and gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual dexterity and
fine motor skills.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions and
- Associates in this role are occasionally exposed to hot water,
and cleaning chemicals.
- Ability to reach, bend, twist, squat, kneel, push and
- Ability to lift/carry up to 50 pounds. 80 pounds of pressure
may be placed on the associate through transfers using transfer
belts or mechanical assists.
- Ability to perform repetitive movements including simple
grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation.
- Constant standing and walking.Job Types: Full-time,
Part-timePay: $13.00 - $15.00 per hourBenefits:
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insuranceMedical Specialty:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Overnight shift
- Rotating weekendsSupplemental Pay:
- Bonus payExperience:
- Assisted Living: 1 year (Preferred)
- Caregiving: 1 year (Preferred)License/Certification:
- CNA (Preferred)Work Location: One location
Keywords: Waltonwood Carriage Park, Canton , Caregiver, Healthcare , Canton, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!