Senior Director, Regulatory Consulting
Company: Verisk Analytics, Inc.
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Verisk 3E delivers intelligent compliance solutions that empower
companies around the globe to reduce risk, drive continuous
improvement and create new growth opportunities. Verisk 3E has set
the standard for combining regulatory expertise and enriched global
compliance content and transforming it into actionable intelligence
to enhance chemical and workplace safety, product safety and
stewardship, supply chain stewardship and research and development
support. Together, with our customers, we are working to make the
world safer-one product, one workplace and one community at a time.
To learn more visit---www.verisk3e.com ---We are proud to be a part
of the Verisk family of companies!-- At the heart of what we do is
help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and
insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial
services markets so they can make faster and more informed
decisions. Our global team uses AI, machine--learning, automation,
and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of
records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit,
lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise
companies on complex global matters such as climate change,
catastrophes, and geopolitical issues. But why we do our work is
what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world
better, safer and stronger. It's the reason Verisk is part of the
UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It's why we made a
commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It's
the aim of our "returnship" program for experienced professionals
rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it's what drives our
annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market
innovations to solve our customers' problems. At its core, Verisk
uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is
why we do what we do.-- At Verisk you can build an exciting career
with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on
business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to
advance your career.--We have received the Great Place to Work--
Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We've been recognized
by--Forbes--as a World's Best Employer and a Best Employer for
Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we
place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk's Statement on
Racial Equity and Diversity --supports our commitment to these
values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities
where we live and work. Job Description Leadership
- Sustain and enhance our overall leadership position by
contributing to a strategy and vision that utilizes Regulatory
Consulting as a means of maximizing the value proposition that our
customers obtain from our products and services.
- Drive the understanding and use of our core products including
3E Protect, 3E Connect, ERC, ERD, 3E Generate, 3E Insight, 3E
Monitor, and our core services including SDS Authoring,
Marketability, and Notifications, to best serve the needs of our
- Build and manage relationships with partner organizations that
support our customer activities. Meet and plan with these
organizations to prepare scope and pricing details. Ensure proper
margins are maintained for any resale of these activities.--
- Drive pricing strategies that are based on customer value
rather than time spent by expert staff, considering the value
obtained via organizational knowledge, systems, and processes.
- Work closely with other leaders to productize services that
have proven long term value and where we have repeat
- Work together with colleagues to drive and coordinate efficient
processes for Regulatory Consulting related activities.
- Support the use of tools and processes by the team including
related JIRA boards.
- Work closely with the Research team for coordinating efforts
with their network of experts.
- Work with our Portfolio team to develop pricing strategies to
meet revenue and profitability goals.
- Develop core positioning and messaging with Marketing for
Regulatory Consulting related activities including customer value
- Serve as an active contributor in Delivered Services strategy
and planning sessions.
- Communicate strategic initiatives to staff and ensure
department goals & objectives are met.
- Manage short term planning and assist with long term strategic
- Support and contribute to company vision.
- Foster a positive working environment. Regulatory
- Remain broadly aware of the latest major global chemical
- Attend regular workshops and seminars to ensure Verisk 3E
remains a leader in chemical regulatory compliance.
- Periodically represent Verisk 3E as speaker, panelist,
contributor, etc. on key regulatory related topics.
- Emphasize regulatory training and expertise within the
- Maintain an environment that supports continuous learning.
- Oversee all Regulatory Consulting projects, requests, and
interactions. Ensure timely deliveries are made. Communicate to
customers when changes in scope are necessary or timelines must be
- Support the preparation of SOWs (Scope of Work) and responses
to customer proposals with details outlining our approach.
- Oversee the preparation and submission of customer estimates
and supporting documents
- Drive the streamlining and standardization of SOWs.
- Participate as an expert for responses and projects as
necessary where expertise is required.
- Contribute and participate in customer meetings related to
Regulatory Consulting projects.
- Focus on ensuring that responses and deliveries meet service
level agreements with customers.
- Serve as the point of escalation for all Regulatory Consulting
related matters in cases where customer incidents arise.
- Conduct periodic expert training sessions to support the
continued growth of regulatory expertise within the group.
- Ensure team properly supports colleagues in other departments
as necessary. Strive to rebalance their workload as necessary based
- Coordinate with Business Operations to finalize pricing for
broader cross-functional projects. Reporting
- Provide visibility for key business functions. i.e., project
scheduling, tracking, and reporting.
- Provide regular reports and updates for management.
- Support the reporting of service performance metrics with our
Business Operations team. Other
- Maintain an environment that supports continuous revenue
- Help prepare metrics and requests to correlate business demands
with resource requirements.
- Complete all responsibilities as outlined on annual performance
- Complete all special projects and other duties as
- Perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Chemistry background: Graduate in Chemical or Biotechnical
Science; Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or related
- 7+ years of experience in chemical regulatory consulting
- 5+ years of experience managing staff.
- 5+ years of experience with SDS requirements and classification
systems such as GHS, CLP, ADR/DOT/IATA/IMDG.--
- 3+ years of experience with SDS Authoring systems such as SAP
EHS, 3E Generate, or WERCs.
- Broad global domain expertise in chemicals and product
regulatory compliance, operations, and processes.--
- Knowledge of related EHS applications and extensive experience
in consulting related activities.
- Ability to analyze project requirements, compile detailed
specifications and provide technical application development.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and create detailed system
specifications and functional requirements.
- Ability to serve as leader in meetings with clients and
- Practical experience and familiarity with various global
- Experience with managing virtual teams.
- Experience working in project-oriented environments.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
German language skills a plus.
- Business travel domestic and international required. Additional
Information Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer. All
members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal
opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for
employment without regard to race, religion, color, national
origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual
orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
http://www.verisk.com/careers.html Unsolicited resumes sent to
Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business
mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to
Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will
NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an
Keywords: Verisk Analytics, Inc., Canton , Senior Director, Regulatory Consulting, Executive , Canton, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!