Lead Specialist (Credit Inquiry Servicing Team)
Posted on: April 4, 2021
Applicants Please Note: We are currently in the process of
transitioning to a new applicant tracking system. We are doing what
we can to make this transition as easy as possible for candidates.
In certain situations, applicants may be asked to re-apply to the
position in the new system if they are being considered for the
role. Thank you, in advance, for your understanding and flexibility
as we go through this critical system change. Lead Specialist
(Credit Inquiry Servicing Team) in Canton, OH at KeyBank
Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, KeyCorp (Key) is one of the
nation's largest financial services companies. Key provides
investment management, retail and commercial banking, consumer
finance and investment banking products to individuals and
companies throughout the United States and, for certain businesses,
Our goal is to be the best regional bank in the U.S. What that
means is we put our clients' needs first and take a customized
approach to meeting those needs. At Key we've made a promise to our
clients that they will always have a champion in us. To deliver on
that promise, we're committed to building a team of engaged
employees who do the right thing for our clients and help them
achieve their financial goals each and every day. Job
DescriptionJOB BRIEF (PURPOSE)
Working within a team of Credit Inquiry servicing associates, this
position is responsible for responding to external credit inquiries
regarding Key's Commercial and Consumer Banking relationships.
Adhere to Corporate Credit Policy procedures, loan regulatory
requirements and Consumer/Privacy laws. Use fair and reasonable
judgment when interpreting and disclosing client relationships.
Works within and complies with established operational and
compliance quality standards and service levels at a highly
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Respond to loan and deposit balance verification requests from
internal and external parties including processing Standard CPA
Audit Confirmations, Credit Investigations, Estate/Date of Death
Inquiries, Governmental Balance inquiries for Social Security
Administration, Internal Revenue Service, Housing Applications.
- Follow established industry standard practices for the proper
exchange of commercial credit information.
- Perform careful and timely review of various reports to
alleviate potential customer impact issues and to ensure system
integrity. Take appropriate action to address issues.
- Research requests to a logical conclusion and execute remedial
action. Communicate to the requester the results of research and
resolution of the problem effectively and timely.
- Actively seek opportunities to improve process efficiency,
quality and the client experience. Communicate ideas appropriately
to effect real change.
- Provides world class customer service to internal and external
customers through total adherence to the Key Values and Key
- Identify major and minor issues/problems and communicate to
- Assist other team members with daily workload to ensure timely
completion and achievement of work team assignments.
- Actively pursue development of self to better support team and
- Second Monitor
- This role covers a combination of staff within the areas of
credit cards, retail banking, small business banking, consumer
lending, mortgage banking, collections, recovery, origination, or
auto finance and cover a broad range of responsibilities and
- Administers moderate procedures, analysis, tasks and reporting
while receiving limited instructions for filing, recording,
processing, servicing, recording, and/or organization of
documentation associated with a product or process
- Reviews and ensures proper documentation or procedures are used
for moderate activities
- Identifies and resolves moderate issues by following
established guidelines. Refers more complex problems to Senior
level or supervisor. May provide service in relation moderate
complex billing inquiries, service requests, suggestions and
complaints from customers
- Uses some independence of thought to resolve basic issues, and
refers more complex problems to supervisors or other experts.
- Recommends and implements programs to solve routine issues,
contributes to work flow or process change and redesign, and forms
a foundational/basic understanding of the specific product or
- Accountable for regular reporting and analysis requests
- Typically covers a broad range of responsibilities rather than
focusing on one specific role.
- Is fully proficient in duties while working under moderate to
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong accounting background.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships among team members and product and support
- 1+ years of experience in operations role
- High School Diploma or equivalent work experience required.
College degree preferred
- Works well with others in a fully developed team
- Open minded and adaptable to new ideas in a changing
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Proficient in 10-Key, able to perform with a high degree of
speed and accuracy.
- Proven ability to handle monetary/ processing functions
- Proven ability to handle high transaction volumes accurately
and meet production goals
- Proven strong verbal/written communication and interpersonal
- Good judgement and decision-making skills, basic leadership
- Ability to identify issues and demonstration of basic
analytical, research and problem resolution skills
- Comfortable navigating multiple computer systems and
applications, utilizing resources to solve routine challenges
- Moderate knowledge of banking policies, procedures, government
- Ability to perform moderate scheduled and non-scheduled
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to handle
routine/occasional customer service inquiries independently
- May train or assist in training new staff
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in decision
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience,
- Proficiency in the following KeyCorp systems: Hogan, ALS, CLS,
Loan IQ, Lotus Notes, KeyView Deluxe, MSP, TSYS, CMOD, SAS, Excel
- Working knowledge of loan accounting and loan
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated problem/solving and decision making
- Must demonstrate proven, outstanding customer service
- Strong working knowledge of government regulations.
- Working knowledge of systems that provide loan
information.EQUIPMENT USED/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Standard office equipment; MS Office products. Second Monitor
Compliance training as required. Other on the job training and
certifications as required by job.
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an
inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or veteran status.
47103BR Joining our Talent Network will enhance your job search and
application process. Whether you choose to apply or just leave your
information, we look forward to staying connected with you. At Key,
we're committed to diversity and inclusion in all we do. Qualified
individuals with disabilities or disabled veterans who are unable
or limited in their ability to apply on this site may request
reasonable accommodations by email.
Keywords: KeyBank, Canton , Lead Specialist (Credit Inquiry Servicing Team), Accounting, Auditing , Canton, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!